What is SMM?
Social Media Marketing is the marketing of a website on social networking websites, such as Facebook. This form of marketing helps in exposing your brand and broadening your customer reach taking advantage of rich media such as images, videos in the form of content that individuals would be interested in sharing.
Why consider SMM?
Social Media involves a lot of interaction between individuals. Your company should be no different. Interacting with your customers while gaining new ones should be one important goal of your overall marketing plan. This will help you get direct feedback from your clients and reaching out for global isn’t hard at all.
Millions of people visit different social networking websites and spend a lot of their time searching for new pages that interest them. If your page is interesting enough, transfering these visitors to loyal customers shoulnd’t be a hard task to achieve.
Social Networking Websites
There are quite a lot of social networking websites. Here are a few of the most known ones and some interesting facts about them:
- Facebook: More than 750,000,000 users visit Facebook every month and the average user has 130 friends!
- Twitter: 750 tweets are shared on Twitter every secon and 30% of the users have an income of more than $100,000 per year.
- Google+: The Google +1 button is clicked more than 5 billion times per day and 625,000 new users are registering every day.
- YouTube: The most watched video on YouTube has more than 1,250,000,000 views!
- Pinterest: 97% of Pinterest users are women.
- Linkedin: There are 161 million members on Linkedin, from more than 200 countries.
These stats should give you an idea about the great opportunities that exist on these websites and how they can turn your losses into profits.